Witty Wife
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome!

Witty Wife is an online community for all women.
This is a place to escape the daily grind and interact with others.
We want diversity! So join us and start sharing your ideas and experiences.

New Member Guide

Go down 
AuthorMessage
WittyWife
Admin
Admin

New Member Guide Empty
PostSubject: New Member Guide   New Member Guide Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 1:50 pm

New Member Guide

• What is the purpose of Witty Wife?

Witty Wife is an online community for women to mix and mingle, sharing their ideas and experiences.

• What are the site rules?
When you register you accept these rules and Terms Of Service. In addition, you certify that you are female and agree to protect any personal information of other members gained from Facebook or other social networks.

• Will I be banned for violating rules?
You will receive (3) warnings via private message. On the fourth strike, your account will be banned.

• Can I be banned on-the-spot?

Yes. If your account is listed as male or is posing as female, it will be banned immediately.

• Will I be banned for being disliked by other members?

No. We don't ban members based on popularity, however, we do use a Reputation System which encourages all members to treat others as they wish to be treated.

• How does the Reputation System work?
All members are affected by the Reputation System (RS). When you post, your response can be voted on by other members, accrediting you Points. A positive point (+1) equates to a positive reputation. A negative point (-1) equates to a negative reputation. Your overall reputation can be viewed in your profile, and is viewable by all members. The Support forum does not allow members to accredit points. Members are allotted (10) points for voting every (24) hours - use them sparingly!

• How do I vote on a post?
On the right side of every post is a positive (+) and negative (-) symbol. Simply click on one.

• I noticed a "Thank" option on posts. What does this do?
When you click the Thank button, you are showing appreciation for the post.

• What's the difference between a Positive Point and the Thank button?
The Reputation System (using +/- points) should be used for communicating likes and dislikes of a member's behaviour in the forum. For example: If a member uses sarcasm, she may receive negative votes from others. But if she cracks a funny joke, she may receive positive votes instead. The Thank button is best used to show appreciation towards another member. For example, if you ask for advice and someone gives you great advice - use the Thank button.

• How do I report harassment?
To report harassment, send a private message to a Moderator. Do not publicly post disputes in the forum.

• Can I become a Moderator?
Moderator positions will only be granted to select few. This decision is made at the Owner's discretion.

• Is there anything I should do as a new member?
Yes! Take a moment to complete your profile. Give yourself an avatar so we can put a name to a face, and make a fun signature to break the ice - maybe it'll draw in a new friend? At the very least, share some interesting tidbits about yourself so we can get to know you!

• I have more questions. Where can I find the Frequently Asked Questions?
As a new member, you probably have some questions, and many of those questions can be answered here.
You can access the Frequently Asked Questions section at any time by clicking on the FAQ tab at the top of the forum.
Back to top Go down
https://wittywife.forumotion.com

New Member Guide
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Witty Wife :: Insider: Site news :: Bulletin Board-
Jump to: