Witty Wife
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome!

Witty Wife is an online community for all women.
This is a place to escape the daily grind and interact with others.
We want diversity! So join us and start sharing your ideas and experiences.

50/50: How do your split responsibility in your marriage?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
fertilemyrtle
fertilemyrtle

50/50: How do your split responsibility in your marriage? Empty
PostSubject: 50/50: How do your split responsibility in your marriage?   50/50: How do your split responsibility in your marriage? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 2:37 pm

Years ago it was the job of the husband to work and bring home the bacon. When he was home from work his responsibility was done and he sat back while his wife continued to "work".  Women were strictly involved in things of the home, children and taking care of her dear husband. The woman's work was never done and it would be a shocker if her husband washed a dish, cleaned up a spill or changed a diaper.

Now the work is split pretty evenly in our day.  I'd like to say we split it 50/50. My hubby works 7-4, Mon-Fri. While he's gone I tend to the kids, house and cooking. When he comes home we have the dinner I've carefully prepared and then some family time. After family time my Mr. takes over. He gets the kids into pj's, does the teeth brushing, bath time and bed time routine. I recently started a job that I work from 5:00pm-10:00pm. My mother can't understand why we split things so differently. Of course that's coming from a woman who's husband never changed a diaper with all 7 children.

How do you split the work load in your family?
Back to top Go down
http://happyleeimperfectmom.blogspot.com/
Einworb
Owner
Owner
Einworb

50/50: How do your split responsibility in your marriage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50/50: How do your split responsibility in your marriage?   50/50: How do your split responsibility in your marriage? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 8:28 am

In our household things aren't split nor are they ever really 50/50.

Some days - most days - DH puts his heart and soul into his work and then comes home and still helps around the house and with our daughter. I'm a stay at home parent and tend to handle the majority of the house chores and cooking, but obviously, I can't help out my husband with his tasks at work. So often times I feel like he stretches himself thin, whereas I'm not stretched to that degree unless I'm having a shitty day Smile But I think a solid marriage is when you can step in and help your spouse when he or she has nothing left to give, and you don't expect anything in return.
Back to top Go down

50/50: How do your split responsibility in your marriage?
Page 1 of 1