Witty Wife
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome!

Witty Wife is an online community for all women.
This is a place to escape the daily grind and interact with others.
We want diversity! So join us and start sharing your ideas and experiences.

Not in "the mood", acceptable?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Einworb
Owner
Owner
Einworb

Not in "the mood", acceptable? Empty
PostSubject: Not in "the mood", acceptable?   Not in "the mood", acceptable? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 11:08 am

This was brought up on another forum. Is it despicable for a woman to withhold sex from her husband solely based on not being in "the mood"? Things to consider.. Is it a woman's right to decline sex? Phrased differently, should a spouse withhold affection merely because they're "not feeling it"? For many men, sexual intimacy is the epitome of affection and closeness. Would it be acceptable for your husband or boyfriend to blow you off from hugs, kisses, or cuddling because he's not in the mood? Your thoughts, ladies!
Back to top Go down
fertilemyrtle
fertilemyrtle

PostSubject: Re: Not in "the mood", acceptable?   Not in "the mood", acceptable? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 3:14 pm

The night before my wedding, my mother dearest told me this, "You should never, ever, for any reason withhold sex from your husband. No matter how rough of a day you've had, he needs it to relieve his stresses. If you do not, he will find it somewhere else." Well, that is the worst advice I have ever been given. 9 times out of 10 men will "take care of themselves" if rejected by their wives. I know my husband does and I don't care. We have a sex life, avid and fun. But with four kids, one with multiple special needs and our crazy schedules there are nights when I'm "not in the mood". He respects that and doesn't pressure me. However, if he excuses himself to shower shortly after I know why. Wink LOL Sex isn't about the male or the female. It's about the couple as a united force. If you are having sex with your spouse to get it out of the way, then it's not real love making. It's following a schedule. Same thing with cuddling. There are times when my husband has had a long day at work, been bombarded by the kids when he gets home, and just need some space after they go to bed. I respect his need for personal space and wait until he's in a mood to have me popping his bubble like a mad woman. Those are my thoughts. <3
Back to top Go down
http://happyleeimperfectmom.blogspot.com/
Einworb
Owner
Owner
Einworb

PostSubject: Re: Not in "the mood", acceptable?   Not in "the mood", acceptable? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 8:25 am

fertilemyrtle wrote:
The night before my wedding, my mother dearest told me this, "You should never, ever, for any reason withhold sex from your husband. No matter how rough of a day you've had, he needs it to relieve his stresses. If you do not, he will find it somewhere else." Well, that is the worst advice I have ever been given. 9 times out of 10 men will "take care of themselves" if rejected by their wives. I know my husband does and I don't care. We have a sex life, avid and fun. But with four kids, one with multiple special needs and our crazy schedules there are nights when I'm "not in the mood". He respects that and doesn't pressure me. However, if he excuses himself to shower shortly after I know why. ;)LOL Sex isn't about the male or the female. It's about the couple as a united force. If you are having sex with your spouse to get it out of the way, then it's not real love making. It's following a schedule. Same thing with cuddling. There are times when my husband has had a long day at work, been bombarded by the kids when he gets home, and just need some space after they go to bed. I respect his need for personal space and wait until he's in a mood to have me popping his bubble like a mad woman. Those are my thoughts. <3
Fert, I loved that post.

I agree whole-heartedly. I think part of having a successful and happy marriage is putting your spouse's needs before your own. For women, sex drives seems to be less of an issue but for men, it's a big one. I think a man that can hold his horses for a night or two when his significant other needs a break, is not only thoughtful, but really shows patience and understanding.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not in "the mood", acceptable?   Not in "the mood", acceptable? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not in "the mood", acceptable?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Witty Wife :: General: Enjoy a casual atmosphere :: Me, Myself & I-
Jump to: