Witty Wife
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome!

Witty Wife is an online community for all women.
This is a place to escape the daily grind and interact with others.
We want diversity! So join us and start sharing your ideas and experiences.

Sex before marriage?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Einworb
Owner
Owner
Einworb

Sex before marriage? Empty
PostSubject: Sex before marriage?   Sex before marriage? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 10:28 am

What are your thoughts on the age old motto: No sex before marriage?

Is this something you feel strongly about? Or are you indifferent? Are there more important things to focus on when in a relationship besides whether you sleep with someone you care about? How do you feel about the stigma, primarily targeted on women, that labels someone promiscuous because they don't follow any law of chastity?
Back to top Go down
bluelogos

Sex before marriage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sex before marriage?   Sex before marriage? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 4:45 pm

I feel pretty strongly about abstaining from sex before marriage, less as a moral concern and more as a health concern. (Condoms only protect against a fraction of STDs.) I think the double-standard about stigmatizing women but not men is silly. However, I do not think the solution to saving women from the stigma is to encourage women to behave as badly as men. I think as young people there are more important issues than sex to think about in a relationship, and unfortunately for young people the media has hypersexualized romance, teaching teens that sex is either the ultimate expression of love or should be completely divorced from emotion. Both of those views are wrong.
Back to top Go down

Sex before marriage?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Witty Wife :: Hot Topics: Thick skinned recommended :: The Boiler-
Jump to: