Witty Wife
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome!

Witty Wife is an online community for all women.
This is a place to escape the daily grind and interact with others.
We want diversity! So join us and start sharing your ideas and experiences.

Under aged teenaged girls on birth control: Yay or Nay?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Einworb
Owner
Owner
Einworb

Under aged teenaged girls on birth control: Yay or Nay? Empty
PostSubject: Under aged teenaged girls on birth control: Yay or Nay?   Under aged teenaged girls on birth control: Yay or Nay? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 10:22 am

In today's society, teen sex isn't unheard of and in many instances, is widely acceptable - teens will be teens and they're going to have sex. But whether or not that sits well with you, the numbers don't lie, and teen pregnancy rates are among the highest in comparison to previous generations.

As having been a teen yourself (and maybe even a mother now), how do you feel about putting an under aged teen girl on birth control as precaution? (whether she is sexually active or not, is irrelevant.) What are the pros and cons of this?
Back to top Go down
bluelogos

PostSubject: Re: Under aged teenaged girls on birth control: Yay or Nay?   Under aged teenaged girls on birth control: Yay or Nay? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 4:48 pm

I would put my teen daughter on birth control as a precaution against rape, given the rape culture that flourishes in western society. Some of the pros of birth control in a teen: keeps her cycle regular, might even reduce acne. Cons: blood pressure and blood clot risks. If your girl isn't sexually active, you might not want to risk those side-effects in her, especially if she picks up something like smoking as a habit.
Back to top Go down
LilDoll
Lurker
Lurker

PostSubject: The Pill????   Under aged teenaged girls on birth control: Yay or Nay? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 5:04 pm

My daughter is 21 and expecting her first child. I put her on the pill once I knew/had a good idea she was sexually active. I lived with my dad from 16 on, he wouldn't let my aunt put me on the pill. I had no good role models for a healthy sex life(or any kind of healthy life). I ended up pregnant with my first child when I was 17. I went into pre-term labor at 25 weeks and he died 12 hours after he was born. I honestly wanted to be on the pill, but my father felt it was saying it was OK to have sex.
When the time came with my daughter I wanted to make sure she had all the info she needed. I was upfront with my son and daughter. Not only did I make sure they both knew all about std's, safe sex and abstinence they both also got protection, her the pill and condoms and him, condoms. They knew we were not saying OK go have fun, but that we wanted them safe and not having kids before they were ready.
I am proud of my son, in a time where using condoms is not "cool" he will come to me and be honest about it if he needs me to buy him some or let him have some money to get some.
My daughter is expecting her first child with her husband.
Back to top Go down
Einworb
Owner
Owner
Einworb

PostSubject: Re: Under aged teenaged girls on birth control: Yay or Nay?   Under aged teenaged girls on birth control: Yay or Nay? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 8:30 am

DH and I have discussed this at some length.

I think we're leaned more towards putting her on some form of birth control to prevent an unwanted pregnancy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Under aged teenaged girls on birth control: Yay or Nay?   Under aged teenaged girls on birth control: Yay or Nay? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Under aged teenaged girls on birth control: Yay or Nay?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Witty Wife :: General: Enjoy a casual atmosphere :: Motherhood-
Jump to: